Mr. Raúl Bartolomé Molina was born in Bilbao (Basque country, Spain) on 21st of November 1966. He has a University degree in Law and “Maître en Droit Privé”. He started his diplomatic career in 1991.
He served as Consul of Spain in Caracas (1996-1999), as Counsellor at the Embassy of Spain in Paris (1999-2004), and as Deputy Head of Mission in Rome (2007-2013) and Oslo (2013-2016).
Among his posts at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, European Union and Cooperation of Spain are the following:
– Head of Department of High Foreign Affairs Council (1991-1992),
– Head of Section for Multilateral Affairs at the General Department for Eastern Europe (1992-1993),
– Head of Energy Section at the General Directorate for Multilateral Affaires,
– Advisor at the General Directorate for Integration and Coordination of General and Economic Affairs of the European Union (2004-2005),
– Chief of Staff to the Secretary General for the European Union (2005-2006),
– Deputy Director General for Coordination of the Common Politics and General Affairs of the European Union (2016).
Since 24th December 2016 until his appointment as Ambassador of Spain to Serbia and to Montenegro, has been serving as Chief of Staff to the State Secretary for European Affairs.
He has the following Spanish medals: Oficial de la Orden del Mérito Civil (06.12.1999), Comendador de la Orden del Mérito Civil (09.07.2004) and Comendador de la Orden de Isabel la Católica (06.12.2011), as well as the medal of the Oficial of the Order of the British Empire (20.07.2017).